Internships & Scholarships
EAMC College Internships
In 2003, the EAMC Board of Directors awarded its first internships to college students interested in the live entertainment industry. The internships provide the opportunity to attend the conference sessions and evening activities, assist committee members throughout the conference with registration and surveys, network with live entertainment executives and inquire about possible future job openings within the industry. Including the 2019 conference interns, a total of 90 internships have been awarded to deserving students entering the live entertainment industry.
- Internships will include all EAMC registration fees, hotel accommodations and a travel stipend.
Applicants MUST be:
- A college student or recent graduate.
- Interning in the event, marketing, public relations or group sales industries.
- Be 21 or over (at the time of the conference) to apply.
- Applicants CANNOT be employed full-time at the time of internship.
NOTE: In return for expenses paid, Interns will be expected to assist EAMC Planning Committee members prior to and throughout the conference with database management, social networking, registration, collecting surveys, team building activities, taking pictures, taking notes, etc. as assigned.
EAMC Scholarships for Industry Professionals
Due to the overwhelming support over the years with the Silent Auction & Raffle, EAMC is now able to offer a Scholarship for Industry Professionals. This scholarship is different from the College Internship, as this opportunity is open to attendees who work in the industry and have never attended the conference or have attended in the past, but for financial reasons would not be able to attend. Up to four scholarship recipients are chosen based on financial need. The recipients’ registration fees and three-night hotel accommodations will be covered by EAMC.
Scholarships will include all EAMC registration fees and hotel accommodations for three nights. Travel is the recipient’s responsibility.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a full-time employee in the event & arena marketing industry.
- Applicants must be a first-time attendee or returning attendee who would not be able to attend due to financial difficulty.
Applications will be judged by the EAMC Scholarship Committee on the following:
- Letter of recommendation from Supervisor
- Personal Essay
- Special consideration will be given to EAMC Planning Committee members or anyone that has significantly contributed to the conference in the past.
NOTE: In return for expenses paid, Scholarship recipients may be asked to assist EAMC Planning Committee members throughout the conference if the need arises.